The Lake Champlain Islands Economic Development Corporation (LCIEDC) is the Island resource for doing business in Grand Isle County. Located right in the center of the Champlain Islands, LCIEDC is a one-stop shop for business advising, access to resources, and people who are connected to the community.
Our economy is known for tourism and agriculture, but a growing number of people are establishing professional micro-business, enjoying a relaxed lifestyle with easy access via the Interstate, two airports, two metro areas within an hour’s drive, and the availability of high-speed Internet.
Our communities are small and friendly. Each town has its own excellent elementary school and public library, as well as a Select Board and Zoning Board. Non-profits serve the Islands from child care to transportation for the elderly.
Visit the Islands! It’s a great place to start a business while enjoying the lifestyle in a quiet lakeside village. We’ll help you!
Our objective is to create and retain vibrant businesses. We will connect you to the resources and people you need for your businesses to thrive.
The Lake Champlain Islands Economic Development Corporation is a 501©6 mutual benefit corporation. We serve as the Regional Development Corporation for Grand Isle County.
Our Board of Directors
David Lane, Snow Farm Winery at Crescent Bay Farm, South Hero
Vice-President and recording Secretary:
Karen McCloud, Silver Cloud Designs, South Hero
Robert Camp, Hero’s Welcome General Store, North Hero
Paul Bruhn, Preservation Trust of VT, Burlington
Dan Farnham, Bauer Gravel Farnham, North Hero
Nate Hayward, Hayward Design Build, Colchester
Tonya Poutry, The Islander, North Hero
Melissa Morrissette, The Anchorage, South Hero
The Lake Champlain Islands Economic Development Corporation promotes vibrant economic activity and business development in the Northern Lake Champlain region, while maintaining an environment conducive to recreation, value-added agriculture and the arts.
Website Photo Credit
Thank you to Paula Bradley for the photos featured on this website
LCIEDC serves as the administrator and manager of the
- Grand Isle County Natural Resources Conservation District
The Lake Champlain Islands Economic Development Corporation has many working partnerships, which support our businesses:
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce: Businesses in the Islands belong to this Chamber, which is located in Burlington, Vermont. LCIEDC’s office in North Hero Village also serves as the Islands Branch of the Chamber.
- Northwest Regional Planning Commission: NRPC is our Regional Planning Office. They assist our towns with planning, zoning, grants and transportation projects, as well as updates on Open Meeting Laws and other legislation pertaining to public bodies.
- Agency of Commerce and Community Development: The LCIEDC serves as Grand Isle County’s Regional Development Corporation, one of twelve in Vermont. Our activities are partially funded by a contract with the State of Vermont.
- Vermont Small Business Development Center: Vermont’s SBDC maintains a presence in our office. A counselor provides business counseling, while we offer workshops, training, assistance with business and marketing plans, etc.
- Northern Vermont Economic Development District: LCIEDC is an executive boardmember of this three county regional economic district, authorized by the Federal Economic Development Administration.
Towns in Grand Isle County
- Town of Alburgh www.alburghvt.org
- Grand Isle www.grandislevt.org
- Isle La Motte www.islelamotte.us
- North Hero www.northherovt.com
- Town of South Hero www.southherovt.org
- USDA Rural Development www.rurdev.usda.gov
- Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development www.accd.vermont.gov
- Vermont Department of Labor www.labor.vermont.gov
- Vermont Department of Tourism and Marketing www.vermontvacation.com
- Vermont Agency of Transportation www.vtrans.vermont.gov
- Vermont State Parks www.vtstateparks.com